1. courts have proved adept at heading off election-related shenanigans.
2. massive early voting demonstrated the ability of voters to adjust to new election rules.
3. low turnout in competitive midterm contests is no longer the norm.
4. younger voters have learned to show up at midterm elections, boding well for the health of democracy and progressive values.
5. there were a number of “firsts” on Election Day – a record number of minority, female and gay leaders elected.
6. the movement for women’s autonomy has arguably never been more energized.
7. the Republican Party might finally be tiring of Donald Trump.